STEPS OR GUIDE FOR PLANTING
- Secure a land, plastic bag or bucket for planting (Wash the plastic bag or bucket thoroughly and dry it well)
- Prepare the soil for planting by tilling and stumping (For plastic bag and buckets, remove dirts and unwanted materials from the soil before transferring them)
- Apply little quantity of manure on the soil and allow for 3-5 days before planting. (This is optional).
- Wet the soil well 30 minutes before planting.
- Drill a suitable depth between (1.5 to 2 inches) and plant your crops, cover the soil back and then wet using a watering can (you can perfuratethe bottom of a small container and use). Make sure you do your planting very early in the morning.
- Wet early in the morning and late in the evening for the duration of the growth stages.
- Document your Planting challenge
Pre-planting practices. – Schools and students should make sure that all processes involved in pre-planting are met and documented. They involve clearing, tilling, stumping, application of manure, etc.
If you make use of plastic bags or buckets, state the pre-planting practices used also. For example, where did you get the plastic bags or buckets? Was it washed? How did you source the soil? Did you create holes for soil aeration? Etc
Growth Stages. – After Planting, what steps did you take to ensure the growth of the plant? This may include watering, control practices like weeding/fencing, mulching, etc
Pictures/Videos of the crops as they grow from planting till harvest. – You can document your challenge by taking pictures and videos of the crop at each stage of the planting.
Send a message to 09042540680 (WhatsApp / SMS only) for any assistance