The urge to have sex now has increased drastically and all you can do if you ever find yourself in this kind of situation is for you to protect yourself that is if you cannot abstain from it. Having sex is something you cannot avoid especially when you and your partner have agreed to reach that level of intimacy.
There’s alot that comes with having unprotected sex and your chance of contacting diseases are high .In order for you to help yourself ,you must first understand the dangers behind having unprotected sex and applying every safety measure that you know to protect yourself and reduce the rate of diseases that are gotten from unprotected sex.
According to Collins dictionary , he defined unprotected sex as an act of sexual intercourse or sodomy performed without the use of a condom , thus involving the risk of sexually transmitted diseases .
EFFECT OF HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX
It is basically two major things and they are ;
* It exposes you to diseases that can be contaminated through sexually intercourse. For example ; STD , HIV/AIDS , etc.
* The risk of unwanted pregnancy is high.
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
* CONDOM : Female and male condom should be used often when having sex because it reduces the risk of getting infected.
* BIRTH CONTROL : Birth control helps to kill STI germs , so if at all you have unprotectedsex , make sure you take birth control pills , injection or apply the cream that will guard you and your system. Other types of birth control that you may want to consider;
1) Birth control vaginal rig ( to be used daily for 3 months)
2) Pills ( daily use for 3 months )
3) Birth control sponge ( to be used everytime )
4) Cervical cap ( everytime )
5) Spermicide ( to be used everytime)
* OBSERVATION : Try as much as possible to observe your partner and make sure he/she does not have a sore , rash , redness or discharge or anything that may cause you to worry or may look strange to you . Do not have sex with him / her.
* SHARP OBJECTS : Avoid sharing of sharp objects like needles, razor blade , clipper, shaving stick , etc with your partner. Avoid sharing anything that can transfer blood from one person to another .
* HEART TO HEART TALK WITH YOUR PARTNER : Educate your partner often about the risk of having unprotected sex by doing so , you will be saving yourself also.
* Make your trip to the doctor’s for check up more regular to help you detect signs of any disease and for you to start treatment instantly.
* If your partner is infected with either STI , HIV/AIDS or STD , do not have sex with him/her until the doctor says you can . When you go through all this process , you will be reducing the rate at which sexually transmitted diseases circulate.